The Veterans Application is available starting in October, with a deadline of March 1 for proposed enrollment in the following fall semester. Once applications are complete, including all required materials, applicants will be notified of decisions on a rolling basis. For applications completed by February 15, applicants can expect a decision within four weeks. Those completing after February 15 will be notified in six to eight weeks or by mid-May at the latest.
Binding Admission Option:
We offer rolling binding admission as an opportunity for students who are ready to commit. If you are admitted under our rolling binding admission plan, you will be required to withdraw all pending applications—including those you may have already submitted to regular, rolling or (open) early action programs.
- Completed and submitted application.
- Final high school transcript, including date of graduation, sent from the school.
- Transcripts sent directly from all colleges or universities attended (if applicable).
- Two letters of recommendation, requested using the application tool.
Note: If you have recent college courses, we prefer at least one academic recommendation from a professor or other instructor. We also welcome recommendations from military commanding officers or supervisors, civilian employers, or community leaders who can speak to your experience and talents.
Optional / Supplemental Materials:
- A short video introduction may be submitted via your Brown Applicant Portal. Sharing a two-minute personal video is a helpful way to show us more about yourself, in your voice, beyond the information you provided in your application. Please submit your video introduction within 7 days of submitting your application.
- Joint Services Transcript and/or S2S VetLink Addendum
- Test scores (SAT or ACT) are not required nor expected. Applicants may self-report scores in the application or have them sent from the ACT or SAT. Admitted applicants with self-reported scores may be asked for official verification.