As part of our initiative to double our enrollment of undergraduate student veterans, Brown has made the following policy commitments applicable to all U.S. military service members and veterans:
- Waiving application fees for first-year, transfer, and Resumed Undergraduate Education (RUE) applicants.
- Guaranteed interview offers for all with a completed undergraduate application, regardless of type.
- Test-optional policy for standardized test scores (SAT or ACT), regardless of application type.
- Increased financial aid to undergraduate student veterans, replacing all family contributions with scholarship funds and boosting Yellow Ribbon scholarship awards. This will eliminate all out-of-pocket costs toward undergraduate tuition and fees.
- Beginning with applicants seeking admission as undergraduates for the 2020-21 academic year, we will consider all prospective students who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces on a need-blind basis. This will eliminate any consideration of an applicant’s ability to pay tuition from admission decisions.