Veterans and currently serving military personnel are highly encouraged to apply via Brown’s Veterans Application, regardless of their year of high school graduation or any college credits earned to date. In appreciation of your service, there is no application fee.
Brown is a proud college partner of Service to School's VetLink Program, which provides free application mentoring and networking to veterans. We are also a longstanding partner of the Marine Corps Leadership Scholar Program (LSP), which assists Marines intending to pursue their undergraduate degree at highly selective institutions.
As part of our initiative to double our enrollment of undergraduate student veterans, Brown has made the following policy commitments applicable to all U.S. military service members and veterans:
- A veteran-friendly application that allows applicants to highlight their military experience and has no application fee.
- Test-optional policy for standardized test scores (SAT or ACT).
- Brown continues to support an unlimited number of eligible undergraduate Yellow Ribbon recipients.
- Financial aid packages will replace all family contributions with scholarship funds and boost Yellow Ribbon scholarship awards. This will eliminate all out-of-pocket costs toward undergraduate tuition and fees.
- We consider all prospective students who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces on a need-blind basis. This eliminates any consideration of an applicant’s ability to pay tuition from admission decisions.