Similar to an interview, the personal video gives you an opportunity to tell us more about yourself, in your voice, beyond the information you provided in your application. Sharing a two-minute personal video is a helpful way to show us what makes you unique and why you are interested in attending Brown.
Possible topics may include: your academic interests, a family member or individual who has influenced you, the community that you are from, your reasons for applying to Brown or anything else that you would like to tell us about yourself.
Your video portfolio will be uploaded directly to your Applicant Portal through the link provided on the sidebar. You will need to log in to your Applicant Portal in order to submit your video portfolio. Once you have uploaded your video to your Applicant Portal, be sure to click preview to view your submitted video to ensure it appears correctly before hitting continue to submit.
Video Portfolio Tips
- Your video should begin with a short clip of you in front of the camera saying, "Hi, my name is [insert name] from [high school]." After that, what you choose to say and how you choose to say it is up to you. Simple and unrehearsed is fine, but you can be creative.
- We recommend you dress casually as you would for a school day or school event.
- Videos will not be evaluated for production quality, we recommend sitting in front of your laptop/camera/tablet/phone and speaking directly to the audience.
- Limit your video to no more than two minutes.
- Be sure your video is in landscape orientation so your finished product will not require viewers to turn their heads to the side when viewing on a desktop computer.
- Make certain you are visible and audible during your video. Check the lighting and listen to your video after you have recorded it.