Undergraduate Admission

School Forms

Give your recommenders plenty of time to complete and submit their forms.


An official transcript of your complete high school academic record must be sent to the Office of College Admission directly from each secondary school you have attended.

We will accept transcripts submitted by your school(s) through online services, such as Docufide, Naviance and the Common Application. If you are unable to submit through one of these online services, please arrange to have your materials sent by your counselor or school official by email to documents@brown.edu or by fax to 401-863-9300.

School Reports

The School Report form is available through the Common Application website. Please ask your school counselor or another school official to complete and submit this form.

Due February 23 or as soon as possible upon the completion of your first semester or second trimester of your final year of high school, the Midyear Report and Transcript can be submitted online through the Common Application by your guidance counselor or another school official. The Midyear Report includes information such as your GPA and class rank (if your school provides this information), and shares with us whether there have been any course changes or other updates since you have submitted your application. It is accompanied by a Midyear Transcript that includes your most recent available grades. If you are not given midyear grades or evaluations (e.g., home schooled students, some non-U.S. schools), please include a note explaining your circumstances under the “Additional Information” heading on the writing section of the Common Application.

Due by June 30 for students who have chosen to matriculate at Brown, the Final School Report and Transcript should be submitted online through the Common Application by your school counselor or another school official. The Final School Report confirms your graduation date and alerts us of any course changes or other updates. The Final Transcript will include your final grades and confirm your successful completion of your secondary education.


Please note that the School Report and the Counselor Recommendation are separate items on the Common Application. Be sure to "invite" your school counselor or academic advisor to complete both items.

Two letters of recommendation from teachers who have taught you in major academic subjects (science, social studies, mathematics, a foreign language or English) must be submitted through the Common Application or by email or fax. If sending by email or fax, please include the applicant's name, date of birth and high school. Letters sent by email should be sent as a PDF attachment.

If you are considering a Bachelor of Science degree or the Program in Liberal Medical Education (PLME), at least one of your recommendations should come from a math or science teacher.


Early Decision applicants are required to have their counselor submit first quarter or trimester grades as soon as they are available. All applicants should have their school submit midyear or second trimester grades as soon as they are available, with a deadline of February 23. Admitted students who have chosen to matriculate at Brown will also need their school to submit final grades and confirmation of graduation no later than June 30.

When to Submit

Secondary school personnel do not need to wait until you have submitted your application before making their contributions. The online system will lead you through the process of supplying the names and email addresses of your counselor and teachers so that user accounts can be created for them. They will then be able to submit forms on your behalf electronically.

It is best to ensure that all application materials are sent by the deadline. However, if your application and application payment/fee waiver are submitted by the deadline, it is acceptable to have some of your supporting materials (transcripts, test scores, letters of recommendation, etc.) arrive within the following week.