Undergraduate Admission

To check whether items have been received and processed, please review the Application Checklist through your online Brown Applicant Portal. As we receive and process thousands of documents throughout the admission cycle, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual items or confirm the receipt of materials that are not formally required. Please do not call or email the Office of College Admission regarding the status of your application materials; the Applicant Portal will indicate the most up-to-date information.

In the case of paper documents, you should immediately arrange to have a duplicate document sent to the Office of College Admission. It may be that an item was delayed or lost in the mail or even that your name was smudged on a form and we were unable to match the document with your application. If your school and teachers have submitted documents online using the Common Application or Naviance, please log into your Common Application account to verify that documents have been submitted to Brown.

Please remember to allow ample time around our deadlines for documents to be received and processed by our office. Once all materials received have been processed, we will reach out to applicants still missing required documents to request that these materials be sent again. We appreciate your patience as we process the many documents received throughout the admission process.