- Financial aid is need based.
- Brown University does not offer any merit awards.
- Please refer to the financial aid deadlines and instructions for prospective applicants.
- In most cases, financial aid awards are applied directly to the student account as a credit towards the cost of tuition, fees, room and meals. The financial aid award will help with the cost of travel, books and personal expenses, but it does not assist with vacation and summer expenses.
- Immigration regulations and restrictions on off-campus summer employment in the United States make it imperative that overseas applicants know exactly where they can obtain funds (e.g., family resources, government grants or savings). All applicants should consult local education officials and make every effort to obtain outside sources of financial aid. You may also find it helpful to contact your local EducationUSA office and to explore various online resources such as eduPASS, Funding for U.S. Study, the College Board or FinAid. In addition, NAFSA, the Association of International Educators, can provide you with information and publications on financing an education in the United States.
If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.