Visiting Undergraduate Student Program
Each year, Brown welcomes visiting students from partner institutions both in the United States and abroad. In addition, a limited number of students enrolled as full-time degree candidates at other colleges may apply to spend one or two semesters at Brown to pursue areas of study not otherwise available to them.
The Visiting Undergraduate Student Program welcomes applicants who wish to enroll in undergraduate-level academic work during the fall or spring semesters, or during the Summer Session. Most Visiting Undergraduate Students hold full-time status during their time on Brown’s campus.
This program is not intended for high school graduates who wish to spend a gap year or gap semester at Brown, nor is it intended for students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree.
Who May Apply:
- Current undergraduate students enrolled in a full-time degree-granting program may apply for full-time or part-time study.
- International students must apply for full-time study, in accordance with United States immigration laws.
- Students from Exchange Partner Institutions should consult with their program administrator prior to completing the application.
Exchange Partners for 2022-2023:
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Doshisha University, Japan
- Ecole Polytechnique (This program will begin in the fall of 2023)
- Humboldt Universität, Germany
- Keio University, Japan
- Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
- Tougaloo College, Mississippi, US
Current undergraduate students meeting the criteria above are eligible for fall, spring, and summer term enrollment. Students who do not meet the criteria outlined above may be eligible to enroll as special students (please see below), or as visitors through the University’s Guest Student Program, which also has a visiting student program intended for secondary school students and for college graduates.
Please note that students applying to transfer to Brown may not apply simultaneously to both the transfer program and the visiting undergraduate student program.